Do Your Actions Say That You Love the World More Than Your Lord?

I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known Him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one. Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:14-17

Wow! This passage makes me really think! Do we allow ourselves to get caught up in the things of the world, the lusts of the flesh, eyes, and pride of life? Are you like me and some things I've done don't seem as bad as others, so I rationalize and feel that I haven't done anything too bad?

God isn't saying through the Bible that a so-so relationship with Him cuts it. It says that if any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. I don't want to be without God the Father in my life. I know it's difficult to turn from the lusts of the world and being prideful, but our Savior will change our lives if we let Him!

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Do Biblical Inconsistencies Really Matter?

Types of Christians

A Christian Caregiver

Video Answers About God, Jesus, Creation, Disaster, Etc. via You Tube

Video Answers About God, Jesus, Creation, Disaster, Etc. via You Tube
VideoAnswersAboutGod.blogspot.com

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog

Creation: What's It Matter?

It's Not Cool 2 Bully!

It's Not Cool 2 Bully!
https://ItsNotCool2Bully.blogspot.com/

Share the Joy Blog