Thursday, October 19, 2017
If God Commanded Light to Shine in Our Hearts Instead of Darkness, because of Jesus Christ, Would Jesus Be Happy If He saw that we dimmed that light by allowing hate into our hearts?
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:7
If God commanded light to shine in our hearts instead of darkness, because of Jesus Christ, would Jesus be happy if He saw that we dimmed that light by allowing hate into our hearts?
It seems that all I hear these days is one group of people against another group of people for some silly reason like their ethnicity. Now, in reality, does anyone have any control over their ethnicity? Of course not! Not any more than any one has any control of whether their eyes are blue, brown, green or hazel.
Some people have the mistaken opinion that if someone was born of a certain preferred ethnicity, that's good. The thing is, it's not the ethnicity of a person or the color of their hair, skin or eyes that is good or bad. It's who they are inside. There are many nice people of every ethnicity, hair, skin, and eye color that are good and there are some who aren't.
I get that some people feel more comfortable around people who have a common faith in Jesus. The thing is that Jesus wants the light in our hearts to shine as examples to All people, showing how He's positively impacted our lives. If we fill our hearts with hatred to those with different faiths, skin, eye color and ethnicity, are we being an example that will draw them to want to know more about Jesus as our Savior? We need to be prayerful about this and ask Jesus' guidance on this one!
- Do Your Actions Say That You Don't Have Any Brothers?
- If We Have Faith in Jesus and Know We Are Saved, Can We Keep on Leading a Sinful Life and Figure He'll Just Forgive Us Later?
- Do Your Actions Say that You Don't Appreciate Jesus Giving His Life for Us When You Don't Forgive Others?
- Are You Saying to Jesus, that You Are Only There for the Good Times, but When Things Get Rough, You're Going to Hit the Road?
- When Something Bad Happens, Do We Turn Our Backs on God?
- When You Feel Like Christ Doesn't Remember All You've Done for Him, Are You Losing Sight of the End Goal?
- If I am Envying the Attention of Others, Am I telling Jesus that Their Attention Matters More to Me Than His Attention?
- If I look Down on Others with Vices I Think are Worse Than Mine, am I saying to Jesus that My Sins are Less Significant Than Theirs?
- Do Our Actions Say That It's More Fun to Walk on the Dark Side?
- What If You Substitute Technology for False Prophets: Are We Selling Out Our Private Lives?