When someone has been rude or hateful to you, does Jesus approve of responding in a similar manner?

I hate to say it, but I have fallen prey to responding in like manner more times than I'd like to remember, but is that truly what Jesus wants of us?

In Matthew 5:43-48 Jesus says: "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? "Therefore you shall be perfect just as your Father in heaven is perfect."

It's not always easy, but when I pray and ask for Jesus' grace in responding to those who have been rude or hateful, He always gives me instincts of what to do or say. It's when I just do my own thing instead of praying about it, that I regret my actions!

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Do Biblical Inconsistencies Really Matter?

Types of Christians

A Christian Caregiver

Video Answers About God, Jesus, Creation, Disaster, Etc. via You Tube

Video Answers About God, Jesus, Creation, Disaster, Etc. via You Tube
VideoAnswersAboutGod.blogspot.com

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog

Creation: What's It Matter?

It's Not Cool 2 Bully!

It's Not Cool 2 Bully!
https://ItsNotCool2Bully.blogspot.com/

Share the Joy Blog