When you have a brilliant idea, get a promotion, snag a good deal and others compliment you on it, does Jesus care about your response?

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God. 2 Corinthians 3:5 

When you have a brilliant idea, get a promotion, snag a good deal and others compliment you on it, does Jesus care about your response?

When I read the first passage, it generally reminds me of the one that follows that shows Jesus does care when we take credit for His influence in our lives.

And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them.  And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.  And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.  Acts, Chapter 12:21-23.

So, in light of this passage, we are to give credit to to Jesus for our good ideas, promotions, good deals, etc. instead of accepting the credit. Sure, it's not so easy to do. When Jesus allowed me to lose over 80 pounds and keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years, people ask how I did it and I tell them that it happened thanks to Jesus who took my craving for sweets and large amounts of food away. They will argue with me and tell me, "No, it's from my actions," but they're wrong. I may have to repeat it several times, but I can't take credit for the blessings Jesus has allowed in my life. Sure we take a risk when we give Jesus total credit for things, but it's worth it in the long run. Proverbs 3:6 says: In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Do Biblical Inconsistencies Really Matter?

Types of Christians

A Christian Caregiver

Video Answers About God, Jesus, Creation, Disaster, Etc. via You Tube

Video Answers About God, Jesus, Creation, Disaster, Etc. via You Tube
VideoAnswersAboutGod.blogspot.com

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog

Creation: What's It Matter?

It's Not Cool 2 Bully!

It's Not Cool 2 Bully!
https://ItsNotCool2Bully.blogspot.com/

Share the Joy Blog