So, if you don't agree with the actions of the person in charge of your country, does that mean you don't love Jesus?

Then Paul said, "I did not know brethren, that he was the high priest; for it is written, 'You shall not speak evil of a ruler of your people.' " Acts 23:5 also: You shall not revile God, nor curse a ruler of your people. Exodus 22:28

So, if you don't agree with the actions of the person in charge of your country, does that mean you don't love Jesus? 

This post is very significant for me, because I don't always agree with the actions or tweeting of the ruler of my country. I have to be prayerful about this and see where Jesus is leading me on this one. 

How do I reconcile my faith with someone who  makes negative comments about: someone handicapped, unattractive, someone of another race, someone who doesn't agree with him, the poor, those in need of medical assistance, etc.?

According to the parts I underlined in the Bible passages, I think I'm able to disagree with the negative comments I mentioned above. I just can't talk about it with other people, which is more difficult than it sounds. When I am talking with people about these negative comments, I have to watch myself, so I don't say mean spirited things against the ruler of my country, because they just want to leak right out of my mouth!  It's very tricky and I have ended conversations, because I didn't know how to get out of them with my Christian ethics intact. 

On the other hand, the negative comments are distinctly against my Christian ethics and being sensitive to the needs of the poor, less fortunate, those who need medical assistance all of which Jesus wants us to do. So, although I don't have any strong answers, I felt compelled to share these verses that leave me lots to prayerfully ponder!

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Do Biblical Inconsistencies Really Matter?

Types of Christians

A Christian Caregiver

Video Answers About God, Jesus, Creation, Disaster, Etc. via You Tube

Video Answers About God, Jesus, Creation, Disaster, Etc. via You Tube
VideoAnswersAboutGod.blogspot.com

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog

Creation: What's It Matter?

It's Not Cool 2 Bully!

It's Not Cool 2 Bully!
https://ItsNotCool2Bully.blogspot.com/

Share the Joy Blog