If I am Envying the Attention of Others, Am I telling Jesus that Their Attention Matters More to Me Than His Attention?

Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another. Galatians 5: 26 

Growing up, I envied the ones who were among the "In Crowd." If I'm being really honest, as an adult, I've probably envied others I perceived were in that same type of group. I quite often felt like an outsider and longed for the camaraderie that seemed to exist in those groups.  They always seemed so happy. They always seemed to have lots of friends, be liked by many, and have nice clothes, hair, etc. 

So, if I am envying the attention of others, am I telling Jesus that their attention matters more to me than His attention? 

When I read this Bible verse, Jesus doesn't want us seeking that type of attention, so I already know I'm barking up the wrong tree! The tree I was climbing, was filled with superficial things and the admiration of others that doesn't last. 

I know that since I've turned my life over to the all capable hands of Jesus, fancy clothes, nice hair, and lots of trendy friends aren't what give me that sense of peace inside. Only Jesus can give me that sense of peace. Being self-assured comes from an on-going, active relationship with my Savior. I no longer need and long for the approval of others, although I sometimes backslide. Fortunately for me, Jesus forgives me when I ask Him and He will do the same for you!

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Do Biblical Inconsistencies Really Matter?

Types of Christians

A Christian Caregiver

Video Answers About God, Jesus, Creation, Disaster, Etc. via You Tube

Video Answers About God, Jesus, Creation, Disaster, Etc. via You Tube
VideoAnswersAboutGod.blogspot.com

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog

Creation: What's It Matter?

It's Not Cool 2 Bully!

It's Not Cool 2 Bully!
https://ItsNotCool2Bully.blogspot.com/

Share the Joy Blog