Do Our Actions Say That We Love the Praise of Men More Than the Praise of God?

Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on Him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. John 13:42-43

I've been in situations where I wanted to say how I was prayerful about a situation and God had this creative resolution pop in my mind. I've found myself being reluctant to tell others about it, without first scanning the crowd and getting a feel to how supportive they might be of a comment like this. In reality, even with this very simple thing that we all do, we might be telling Jesus that we want the praise of men more than His praise. This passage reminds me I should be prayerful on a daily basis for Christ to bless me with a willingness to do His will despite whether people will approve or not.


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Do Biblical Inconsistencies Really Matter?

Types of Christians

A Christian Caregiver

Video Answers About God, Jesus, Creation, Disaster, Etc. via You Tube

Video Answers About God, Jesus, Creation, Disaster, Etc. via You Tube
VideoAnswersAboutGod.blogspot.com

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog

Creation: What's It Matter?

It's Not Cool 2 Bully!

It's Not Cool 2 Bully!
https://ItsNotCool2Bully.blogspot.com/

Share the Joy Blog