So, When I'm Crabby, Say Rude Things, and am Generally Hateful, Am I Putting the Light that Jesus Gave Me Under a Bushel?

Matthew 5: 15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 

So, when I'm crabby, say rude things, and am generally hateful, am I putting the light that Jesus gave me under a bushel?

Yes, even Christians get crabby, say rude things, and can be generally hateful, at times. When I'm behaving in any of these ways, am I showing the positive impact that Jesus has made on my life? Not at all, I'm embarrassed to say.

The thing is, my question asked if I was putting the light that Jesus gave me under a bushel? Unfortunately, it may be that when I act in any of these unsavory ways, I'm putting them on a candlestick where others can see them. So, in fact, instead of hiding these behaviors, I have put them out there were others can think, "If that's the way that Christians behave, I want no part of it."
 
I'm ashamed to say that people have seen my poor behavior. Of course, I'd like to think that only happens when I have low blood-sugar, but that's looking for a scape goat. I have to be honest, when ever I've behaved in these ways, I'm letting darkness shine and not light. I need to be prayerful about turning all aspects of my life and my reactions over to Jesus' very capable hands! I do want to share light instead of darkness!  

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Do Biblical Inconsistencies Really Matter?

Types of Christians

A Christian Caregiver

Video Answers About God, Jesus, Creation, Disaster, Etc. via You Tube

Video Answers About God, Jesus, Creation, Disaster, Etc. via You Tube
VideoAnswersAboutGod.blogspot.com

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog

Creation: What's It Matter?

It's Not Cool 2 Bully!

It's Not Cool 2 Bully!
https://ItsNotCool2Bully.blogspot.com/

Share the Joy Blog