Thursday, February 9, 2017
Do Your Actions Say That Compassion for the Plight of Refugees Is Beneath You?
And [Jesus] opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Matthew 5:2-5
Do we blame others for their predicament? Do we say that it serves them right that they are refugees, because they don't have the same faith that we do? Do we ignore their grief for the loss of loved ones, homes, and safety and that their lives would be different if they were just Christians? Do we say that if only they would stand up for their rights they wouldn't have had to deal with this oppression?
If Jesus shows compassion to others, don't you think He would want us to have compassion , as well? If Jesus says the following about how we are treat our enemies, don't you think that He wants us to treat everyone with that same respect?
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you: That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44-45
- If We Have Faith in Jesus and Know We Are Saved, Can We Keep on Leading a Sinful Life and Figure He'll Just Forgive Us Later?
- Do Your Actions Say that You Don't Appreciate Jesus Giving His Life for Us When You Don't Forgive Others?
- Are You Saying to Jesus, that You Are Only There for the Good Times, but When Things Get Rough, You're Going to Hit the Road?
- When Something Bad Happens, Do We Turn Our Backs on God?
- When You Desire New Clothes, a New Car, or the Latest Phone, Are you Telling Jesus that You Aren't Satisfied with What He's Provided?
- When You Feel Like Christ Doesn't Remember All You've Done for Him, Are You Losing Sight of the End Goal?
- If I am Envying the Attention of Others, Am I telling Jesus that Their Attention Matters More to Me Than His Attention?
- If I look Down on Others with Vices I Think are Worse Than Mine, am I saying to Jesus that My Sins are Less Significant Than Theirs?
- When You Feel Undeserving of Christ's Grace, Do You Feel Led to Things That Give You Immediate Satisfaction?
- When We Don't Show Compassion to the Refugees, Poor, Widows and Fatherless, Are We Saying That We Want Jesus to Turn His Back on Us, As Well?
- ▼ February (3)